Thursday, 22 September 2011

Studio Visit. Boxhead*

At the beginning of summer I sent out a pdf with a few examples of my work and was quite excited when David Sorely from Boxhead* invited me to visit the studio and show him my work. Considering I hadn't even visited a studio before I was pretty nervous. After spending some time talking through my work with David I got some general feedback and a few ideas on how I could develop my work further. It was great getting feedback from someone different and it gave me a fresh prospective on how I could improve my work. The speaking from experience brief and collection 100 were the ones that stood out to David the most and he gave me a few pointers on how I could take them further as well as recommending some books too.

Having gone to see David without really knowing what It was going to be like showing someone who I didn't know my work, I can say it was a positive experience. It's given me the confidence in myself to go out and look for other studios that I would love to go visit. David also mentioned the idea of some work experience in the near future which is great. He said that it wasn't a bad idea to contact studios and then chase them up if they don't always get in touch straight the way, he mentioned that sometimes he gets 200 odd emails so If someone doesn't reply it's not because they're not interested it's because they have a million other things to do. He also said that for someone who had just finished first year my work was moving in a good direction. Which is always nice to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment