Monday, 25 April 2011

OUGD104 End of Module Evaluation

BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN - LEVEL 4 
Module Code - OUGD104
Module Title – Visual Language
End of Module Self Evaluation
Name - Baljeet Kaur Samra
Blog - www.b-samra1013.blogspot.com

1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I have always struggled with drawing so this module gave me the opportunity to get back to basics with simple line drawings as well as more structured measured drawing. As I developed most of my drawings in illustrator I now feel quite confident using illustrator. Colour theory was a huge part of this module and I feel I learnt a lot, before I didn’t even know the different between RGB and CMYK.

2. What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?  
I feel photography played a huge part in allowing me to gather primary research.  As well as drawing from life as this allowed me to create accurate drawings. For the first time I feel that I have been able to make better use of contextual references.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?  
I feel that Photography is one of my strengths and I will go onto develop these skills further when it comes to photographing primary research as well as my own work.  

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully? 
Although I did really work on drawing I think that I could have developed my drawings skills more. Also feel that I have necessarily considered the context in which my work could be used.

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these? 
1/ Doing more drawing whether its rough sketches, layouts or measured drawing.
2/ Really consider the brief before I get started as I felt I struggled as I decided to alter the brief half through the module.
3/ Although I felt I managed my time quite well I could have produced a stronger body of work in the time given.
4/ Consider the audience, this was raised in the OUGD103 module but I feel that I haven’t really taken this into consideration through out this module.
5/ Use the library instead of relying on the internet.

6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance




X
Punctuality




X
Motivation



X

Commitment



X

Quantity of work produced



X

Quality of work produced


X


Contribution to the group


X



No comments:

Post a Comment