Saturday, 16 April 2011

Freelance Work - Blazewear heated clothes 2010

During the summer of 2010 before starting my degree I was given the chance to do re design some packaging for a company specialising in Heated clothing. At the time it was a real struggle and looking back I know I would have done things totally differently. Having sent the designs to the client in late August it was October when I finally got to the packaging as it was shipped over from China. At this point I had been in uni for just over 2 months and already learnt so much. When I saw the final designs I was some what disappointed and my initial reaction was to pick all of the flaws within the design. Admittedly it was huge learning curve and when I got in touch with the client I told him that if i had the chance I would do it so differently. Having maintained a good relationship with the client I was given the chance to redesign the company catalogue as well promotional banners as well as mailing bags.







From this project I think i learnt more about client interaction and target auidence that anything else. My design skills have somewhat improved since then and I am delighted to have been a given another chance with the redesign of the packaging during this summer, I am hoping that I will be able to apply everything that I have learnt so far and be able to make this project a success :)

No comments:

Post a Comment